Kristin Ess Hair Ultra Hydrating Curl Leave-in Cream REVIEW| Type 4 curls

 Hi everyone, I am back on the blog with a new curly hair product review yay!

If you are new here, let me introduce myself: I love my hair! Okay?

I love speaking anything hair, I love testing hair products, I love seeing beautiful hair, I love seeing loved hair, and I am thankful for hair hehehe

So, Lately I discovered KRISTIN ESS in Clicks Pharmacy in South Africa and decided to test the Moisture Rich CURL CONDITIONER for all curl types and I was blown by the efficiency of that stuff.

I did not make a review for it but I really liked how smooth, shiny and bouncy it made my hair feel. So, I decided to go ahead and give a try to the Kristin Ess Hair Ultra Hydrating Curl Leave-in Cream for medium to coarse curls types. And this time I decided to write a little review on it in case you have been eyeing it and wonder how it might work on a afro textured curly head like mine.

So let us get in.

The product comes in a 250 ml spray bottle, which I was not expecting because it is labelled as “cream”. It’s a cream very liquid enough to come out of a fine spray but I personally find this not practical and easy to use at all.

The product itself makes the hair feel smooth and ready to receive stylers, it lays nicely under my gel and the end result is shiny which I really like. The product does not nourish tho. It does not weigh the hair down or create any definition or hold like afro texture would require their cream to treat them. I would give the slip a 6/10 for my texture.

If I was to use this leave-in cream as my only moisture sealant after my washing, my hair would be shiny and soft but in a puffy fro instead of nourished, tamed curls. Also, my hair wouldn’t remain soft for more than 24 hours. So, if I use this leave-in cream alone, I must remoisturise daily or top it up with another sealant if I would like my moisture to last longer.

The product smells like a Grand-Ma. It’s the best way I could describe it lol and it is a relatively pleasant smell. It is also sold for 240R. I Love the packages, they are gorgeous! The colour and the design are really attractive to me.

Here is the list of the ingredients:

Will this leave-in cream enter my list of absolute favs? No.

My plan was to test all their curl products one by one to accommodate my budget because the entire line can be costly and I am glad I tested the leave-in cream but It did not wow me like the conditioner did. Hence, I will pass on this one and I can’t wait to try the reconstructive moisture mask or the curl jelly next. Which one should I try first? I am a bit sceptical about the Jelly because I feel like it won’t have the hold and definition, I like but we will see. Have you tested any of them so far? How did they work on you?



Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment