Corned Beef and White Rice | Lunch + Recipe

Hi everyone!! My foodie self is back on the blog with a lunch idea/recipe typa thing 😁

I will basically be sharing with you guys what I had for lunch and how I made it.

The idea is from a YouTube channel of 2 sisters from Jamaica: Carey and Craig AkA the baddietwins. Lol I have seen them eat this dish several times in their mukbang videos and they probably have a recipe on there too but I will kinda do it my way with ingredients that I have.

So, let's get into it.



Step 1: bring a pot to medium heat and add in the entire can of corn beef, stir for 3 minutes and add 2 table spoons of oil to prevent sticking

 Step 2: add half a large chopped onion and a large pinch of fresh chopped parsley and salt and pepper and stir until onion are soft and translucent 

Step3: add the shredded cabbage and carrots and stir until soft. Add few waters while stirring if needed. 

Step4: add a handful of chopped green onions and 3/4 seasoning cube and stir for 5 minutes, then add a cup of water and simmer until the water dries out completely. You can stir from time to time until ready.

For the fries, they are supposed to be made out of ripe plantains (sweet plantain) but I don't have these with me so in order to imitate the taste, I grate a small orange sweet potato with 2 small ripe classic organic bananas, add a pinch of salt and a table spoon of cassava flour and deep fry.If you are somewhere and can't have access to plantain, try this because it taste good and very close to the real deal :)

I served with white cooked rice and voilà! 

You can find a fun reel of me cooking on my INSTAGRAM @mscarcepearl if you would like. Mouah



Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment