THE Pre-Poo | Back to this Very UnderRated Beauty Practice

 Hi everybody! I just finished making lunch and I am about to devour it and it makes me so happy! Yay! Lol

Before that, I would like to share my experience with pre-pooing my afro natural hair with you all because Pre-Pooing proved itself to be an incredible practice any single time I gave it a chance.

It delays my wash from a good 20 minutes at least, but once it is done, my entire wash to style is extremely fast and the result shows that I did something extra in my routine :D

My favorite product to use for pre-pooing is this homemade butter because it is the cheapest and most effective, I have ever tried in my hair journey. (Recipe here)

It is very slippery, smoothing on hair and helps me achieve the fastest finger detangling no matter how matted my hair got.

After Pre-pooing, my hair is easier to wash because it is knot free and already in sections that I keep from the beginning to the end of my wash day. The pre-poo also protects my hair from any harsh dehydrating cleansing agents. This leaves my hair feeling and looking better after washing. (less frizz, more smoothness, juicier curls, shinier strands, less breaking etc…)

Detangling my hair before washing it reduces the washing time and also reduces the amount of conditioner used during my co-wash ( I usually detangle my hair during this step with conditioner)

I feel like doing this consistently, had a really beautiful impact on my hair and scalp at some point but for some reasons, I don’t really do it as frequently anymore, which I am working on changing even right now. Hehe

How do I Pre-Poo?

I prepare my homemade butter linked above and while it is still nice and warm, I apply it on my hair in small manageable sections, one section at the time. I apply the product to my hair generously from the roots and smooth it in to the tips. I apply more product to areas that feel rough and tangly to the touch and work it in until all strands are coated, smoothed from roots to tips and finger detangled. I twist the detangled section so that it stays tangle-free and work on another section until my entire hair is detangled.

I proceed to washing without necessarily letting the pre-poo seat in my hair because I personally pre-poo mostly for detangling and once that is done, I don’t need the butter to seat any longer in my hair. Washing has already been delayed long enough lol.



Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment