Dark and Lovely AU NATURALE Curl Activator Jelly Review

Hi everyone! welcome to my blog :)

I am back with another product review and the product I am reviewing is the Dark and Lovely AU NATURALE Curl Activator Jelly.

I have frizzy curly coily hair and my favourite hairstyle is a wash and go .
My styling routine consist of moisturizing my hair and fixing/setting my natural curls in place with a styler (gel, custard, pudding, curl activator cream etc)
The better the styler, the better my curls will look and the longer they will last.

Here is the styler that we have in the goodie bag today :


The jelly comes in a 450 ml plastic jar. I got mine from Clicks pharmacy (South Africa) .
 I decided to try it because it says on the package :
"Light weight formula absorbed easily in the hair without flakes"
"Moisturizes, conditions and provide enough hold for long lasting curls"
Moisture and hold are 2 characteristics that I love for my stylers but it's sometimes difficult to have them both in one product. So when I saw this, it motivated me to give it a try.

This is what the Jelly is made of

My clever self  did not take pictures of the product when it was still new. Forgive me for the wrinkles.
It's indeed a light gel in texture compared to other gels that I have tried.
If you would like to see the texture of this jelly, how I actually apply it to my hair and how it defines my curls, watch this demo .

Now what do I think of it?

The first thing I observe when I open a new product is the scent and the scent of this was too harsh.
It smells good (citrus/vanilla-ish scent) but is way too agressive for me.
The definition of my curls with this jelly is not bad at all. It's not completely frizz free or super defined like with an actual gel but there is enough definition.
The hold is not crisp and hard but surprisingly, it lasts a good 4 days.
My hair stays moisturised, even after the hold is gone and my hair have started to frizz. I really love that.
During the application process, the product is easily absorbed into my hair and it does not flake. I also really love that.
I love this jelly for my wash and go but not for styles such as sleek buns because it activates my curls and that's not what I want if I'm planing to wear my hair sleek down.

I Love this curl jelly. It's a nice styler overall. The only thing that really turns me off is the scent.


Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete